Friday, October 5, 2012

Hope

Hope becomes so different when you are dealing with permanent loss.  The thing you hope for most is impossible to attain, so it's shifts to other things.

I hope Kelci isn't forgotten.

I don't really think this will happen, but the thought is there.  Of course, for Ray, Michelle, Brian and I that will never happen, but I wonder if others will remember like I do.  People naturally slip back into their lives, I was guilty of this to before this happened to me, and as time goes on, we hear less and less from people, and I think they are forgetting.

I hope my fears of this are unrealistic, and I often remind myself that I'm not in their head, as they are not in mine, and maybe their thoughts of Kelci are stronger than I think.

I hope people continue to contact me to tell me stories about Kelci that I haven't yet heard, or that they send me a picture, or share how Kelci's life and passing have changed or touched them.  I hope that 50 years from now I'm still recieving "Kelci is Here" tributes.  This gives me comfort.

I hope that I can find a way to continue honoring Kelci in a more permanent or substantial way, like establishing a charity foundation or annual run. This is extremely important to me, and I continue to work on it.

I hope in my lifetime I can at least get a glimpse the meaning of this.  It's too much to bear to believe there is no bigger plan.

I hope that good comes from this tragedy. I have witnessed the beautiful imprint and amazing impact she made on this world and I hope it continues to grow and flourish.

I hope Kelci is happy, free, safe, unrestricted and embraced by love wherever she is, and I hope that her adventures are instantaneous and never ending.

I hope that everyone who knew and loved Kelci is forever embraced by peace, love and healing and finds a way to be OK.

I hope that by dealing with this loss the way I am, I can help someone else.

I hope I find more ways to bring Kelci's spirit closer to me, and to always notice the little things that let me know she is still very much still with me.

I hope I remain strong, so I can support my family. On the days I'm not, I hope they are strong for me.  I hope as a family we get through this and become stronger and closer. 

I hope peace and love fill the hole in my heart and sustain me until I  am with her again.

 


2 comments:

  1. your blog and words are absolutely beautiful. I stumbled upon this by chance but couldnt help scroll thru looking at all the pics of kiki. i gave her kiki as a nickname in caz because she was just such a positive light. (i had a thing about giving people nicknames). no one named kiki could ever be sad or negative. it had an island feel and reminded me of sunshine and palm trees. when i dubbed her kiki, her responce? "i dig it!". and so it stuck. she is truly someone i will never forget. you can be sure that because she touched so many lives, she will never be forgotten. i also wanted to share something with you that touched me deeply. when she told me that she would not be returning to caz, i asked "WHY?!" and was sad because she had become such a good friend. although a year younger, i looked up to her for the way she always viewed life positively. her responce was "i miss my sister too much". i had been having problems getting along with my little sister and when she said that i was truly touched. since that day, ive tried harder to build a relationship with my sister. kiki is an amazing spirit that will live on forever. as long as there is green grass, sunshine, and an ocean, kiki will be here. <3 i miss her and think of her everyday and you can be assured that i am not the only one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just saw this today and it made me smile so much :). If it's ok with you I'd like to post it to Facebook so more people can see it. I don't promote this blog too much, because I just come here when I need to write things out for me. I so wish we could have spent time together when you were in for Kelci's race. You are such a kind, sweet soul and I know why you and Kelci connected so much. You seem to be a lot like her :). I never knew that you were the one who named her Kiki. I love that and it always makes me smile now when I hear it anywhere. It is actually how I know she is connecting with me in spirit. It's not a name that everyone would know she had, so if I hear it I always take it as a sign from her. I've heard it so much more since her accident. Thank you for this wonderful story and your never ending love for my daughter.

      Delete